Property Financial LPA (Preparation of documents)

Single client Property and Affairs or Health & Welfare


Single client Property and Affairs and Health & Welfare


Two mirror Property and Affairs plus Health & Welfare


Registration Fees per Certificate by ASP Wills ( + Court Fees )


Property Financial LPA

As a property and financial affairs attorney, you make (or help the donor make) decisions about things like:

  • Money, tax and bills
  • Bank and building society accounts
  • Property and investments
  • Pensions and benefits
  • You can use the donor’s money to look after their home and buy anything they need day to day (for example, food).

Discuss decisions that affect the donor’s living arrangements, medical care or daily routine with their health and welfare attorney, if they have one.


If you decide to sell the donor’s home, discuss where the donor will live with their health and welfare attorney. Looking after money and property You must keep the donor’s finances separate from your own, unless you’ve already got something in both of your names like a joint bank account or you own a home together.

Managing bank accounts

Before you can manage the donor’s account, you must show the bank the original registered lasting power of attorney (LPA) or a copy of it signed on every page by the donor, a solicitor or notary.

You’ll also need to give proof of:
  • your name
  • your address
  • the donor’s name or address if they’re not the same as on the bank account
  • The bank might ask for additional types of proof.

Spending money on gifts or donations

Unless the LPA states otherwise, you can spend money on:
  • gifts to a donor’s friend, family member or acquaintance on occasions when you would normally give gifts (such as birthdays or anniversaries)
  • donations to a charity that the donor wouldn’t object to, for example a charity they’ve donated to before
  • You must apply to the Court of Protection for any other type of gift or donation, even if the donor has given them before.
  • These include:
  • paying someone’s school or university fees
  • letting someone live in the donor’s property without paying market rent (anything they pay below market rent counts as a gift)
  • interest-free loans
  • You must check that the donor can afford the gift or donation, even if they’ve spent money on these types of things before. For example, you can’t donate their money if that would mean they couldn’t afford their care costs.
To arrange a home visit or for more information - Please Call 0800 092 1589